Thursday, June 5, 2008

Secret Pal 12

Secret Pal 12 is getting underway. Here is my questionnaire.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like just about any animal fibers. I don't like acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

A bag for small needles, a vase for long ones.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting about five years. I learned the basics in a class, but I've taught myself most of it. I'd consider myself intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not really.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Citrus scents and lavender.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Dark chocolates.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I'm just learning to spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Autumn colors, especially orange, yellow, rust, brown, etc. I don't like pink.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

We have several pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves, hats and mittens - yes. I don't wear ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Just about anything really, but I keep socks on the needles practically all the time.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Scarf, socks, sweater.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circular. Bamboo.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes, my husband!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

About 10 months old.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Gargoyle and sheep figurines. (My husband got me started on the latter)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop. I don't have any magazine subscriptions.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Button bands for cardigans.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I wear a size 8 1/2 shoe. Yes, I knit socks.

23. When is your birthday?

May 6

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

jkay

No comments: