Friday, December 20, 2013

Almost ready for Christmas and winding up the year


  • Fruitcake: made and mailed
  • Applesauce cake: made and mailed
  • Gifts: bought but sadly, not wrapped. Happily, I have all I need to wrap. That's tomorrow!
  • A few straggler gifts are arriving Monday. Nothing like waiting for the last minute.
  • Need to ship a gift tomorrow. Yep, bit late on that, aren't we?
If feels good to be approaching the finish line. I have one more day to work - Monday - before getting a week off. I cannot express how I'm looking forward to that.

We have adopted two kittens - brother and sister. They are bringing a lot of joy, and humor, to us. 

Meet Stormy (black) and Sarah Jane (grey). Both had a rough start in life. Stormy is hypothyroid, but he's on meds and doing better. That's why his hair seems so thin. Sarah Jane had a run-in with a dog. This picture was taken about two weeks ago, not long after the attack. She's completely healed and doing much better than expected.

I have several books to read, much knitting to do, and some vacation time coming up to do it in. Doesn't that sound awesome?!

No comments: