Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shawl update

First off, here's the obligatory spring flowers shot. Aren't they pretty? I have no idea what they are, but they were blooming last weekend at the hotel where we were staying.


Speaking of hotel, that's it.

Okay, a shawl update. It's coming along really well. The pattern is North Sea, from the folk shawls book I've mentioned here before.

I'm using Knit Picks Gossamer, which is a lace weight yarn. The color is trail, which is a nice mix of earth tones (rust, tan, green, brown). Like I said before, the pattern is super easy, but it's knitting up to look more complex than it really is.

Here are some pictures of it (thanks to my husband, who's much better with the camera than I am!) Try to imagine that it's blocked already. Lace does look a bit crappy while it's on the needles, doesn't it?



The pattern is hard to see unblocked, but the color is pretty accurate. I'm pleased with it.

We almost had a disaster right after the shot. Our dog got her foot tangled in the yarn and we had to do some quick grabbing and untangling. She has a tendency to flip out a bit if she gets into the yarn, and I had visions of all this work getting unraveled and dragged all over the house.

I need to lie down.

No comments: