Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Suddenly very popular

Suddenly, I'm very popular with our two cats. Here they are, sleeping (or almost sleeping) at the foot of the bed.

They are not sleeping now.

They've been all over me tonight. I can't even go to the bathroom by myself. It's as if I've been using catnip lotion!

I'm still working on the shawl, and since I really want and need to finish it, the knitting is going so slowly it's almost torture. To make matters worse, I foolishly chose a dark yarn, so it's difficult to knit unless I'm in really good lighting.

My sweater is lying here next to the bed, mocking me, pleading with me to work on it instead. And I want to, believe me. I'm dying to get it finished and ready for the first chilly day. Well, I'll probably just wait for the first day when I can tolerate wool and not worry about if it's chilly yet or not.

I have that skein of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn dying to be knit up too. I don't think I'll be doing another shawl for a while. They take too much time and attention. Give me a sweater any day, much more worth that much work!

No comments: