Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Two Beautiful Things



This is the Simple Yet Effective Shawl. I'm doing it in Noro Iro, color #70. I can't even express how much I really love this! The shawl is a simple triangle shawl that alternates garter and stockinette. It really shows off the Noro yarn wonderfully.



Here's another picture, but the shawl is a good bit larger now. That is a cat in the corner of the picture. I laid it out on the bed just before bed. The afghan underneath is the giant granny square I crocheted for my husband a couple years ago. That's one project that has gotten tons of use!



That is my African Violet which just started blooming. I noticed it the other day when I was watering it. Isn't that pretty?





And of course, the obligatory flower close-ups!

6 comments:

lunaticraft said...

That is beautiful! Noro was definitely a great choice.

Lupie said...

Love the pattern and what can one say about Noro AMAZING!

Megan said...

Pretty shawl. I have got to try Noro someday, it looks lovely!

Beautiful flower, what a wonderful subtle color!

Fran / Blue Gal said...

yep that shawl's on my list. Love the Noro...

Amanda said...

That shawl and the Noro were made for each other!

BearyAnn said...

The colors are great. The pattern looks nice. I will add that to my list of patterns to do. And the African Violet! I used to be able to grow the leaves, never the flower. :)