Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So much for the hat

You remember the cute hat I was knitting? Well, it turned out to be not so cute after all.

Instead of a "normal" hat, I ended up with something that looked like a cross between a condom and an old-man fisherman's hat. Oh well...

Sorry, no pics of that one. I frogged it and put it out of its misery right away (and out of my misery too...)

Now I have a ball of nice handspun, and I need a good idea for it. I don't think I'm going to take the hat route again. I've already done a scarf out of the same yarn (and it turned out really cute). There's not enough for mittens or a stole. Ideas anyone?

It's still freezing here today, but not quite as bad. We got above freezing (barely), but we did get some snow and ice today anyway. I'm making good progress on the sweater, and even on the socks. Stay tuned for some sock pics.

No comments: