Sunday, January 6, 2008

Top Down Hat


I'm working on a top-down hat that I found on ravelry. My project link is here, for members.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but the top has a bit of a point -- my husband says it looks a lot like a boob. I wonder if it'll look like that on my head?

If you're not a member, then you can find the pattern here too. It's super easy, but as you see, I've already moved it off to several double pointed needles. Yes, it would be easier on a circular... but I found out I didn't have any circulars in the right size AFTER I'd gotten too far to rip out and start again. Luckily, I have lots of sock needles in that size...

I'm using a cream worsted wool and some handspun I got from Christine in a secret pal exchange. I've been in a small-project mood lately, and I've managed to do a pair of socks, two pair of mittens and now the hat in the last couple weeks. I have a sweater on the needles too that's crying for attention, and I need to get back to it as well.

No comments: