Tuesday, August 12, 2008

SP questions catch-up

Have you ever entered your knitting (or anything else) in the fair? Would you ever consider it?

No, I’ve never entered, and I don’t think I would want to. I usually knit for my own pleasure or for gifts, so trying to win something at the fair would make the knitting not so much fun.

What is your favorite supper for a hot summer evening?

I love my crockpot! There’s something about coming home to a hot cooked meal that I didn’t have to stand over and cook. Even in warm weather, I still enjoy a “real” meal that’s hot and freshly made. Sandwiches and salads are nice some nights, but there’s no better comfort food than a big pot of soup after a hard day.

What yarn (that you don’t have/haven’t used) would make your stash “complete”?

I love wool/silk blends. As soon as I buy it, I typically use it right away so it doesn’t last in my stash very long.


What yarn do you never want to be without?

Wool! I love wool yarns in general, whether 100 percent wool or blended with other fibers. Worsted weight wool and sock weights are my two favorites – I can do just about anything I want out of those.

What would you consider the perfect amount of stash?

You can NEVER have enough stash! I love getting an idea and being able to rummage around and find some yarn that’s appropriate for it. Since I don’t have a lot of yarn shops locally, I almost have to keep a good amount of stash (yep, it’s a necessity!!!) or I have to wait to get something in the mail. When I’m feeling inspired, waiting is the last thing I want to do.

No comments: