Friday, August 22, 2008

Teasers

I just finished doing some patterns and other work for an online site. I'll provide the links when they're up and going. In the meantime, here's a pic to peak your interest.

This is a scarf pattern I did. It's got a rounded, scalloped edge that's a bit different but still easy to do. It's in garter stitch, so it's a super-easy knit.

I'll post more pictures later, and links to where you can find the patterns as soon as the site is up. I also did a hat, some wrist warmers, and a gift bag.

Right now I'm completely in love with this pattern. It's a top down raglan cardigan that, so far, is so easy and fun to knit I can hardly express how much I'm enjoying it! And since it's top-down, you can get the size right. Take a look at some of her other patterns as well, very nice.

I'm re-using the yarn that I had picked for the perfect sweater. If you remember, that one met its end this spring when I finally realized I'd missed gauge so profusely that my husband and I could probably wear the sweater at the same time. Talk about knitter's denial. What the heck was I thinking? I promise progress pics of that too.

My other big project is another shawl, this one for my mom's sister. It's in a dark blue yarn with flecks of green, and it's the same pattern I used for my mom's, the North Sea Shawl from Folk Knits.

And one final tease... I got my first SP12 package, and it's fantastic. We were out of town, so I actually got it a bit late, andI haven't had time to do pictures yet. She included a skein of cherry tree hill yarn. I love their yarns, and she picked out a very pretty colorway in a sock yarn. That is definitely becoming a pair of socks for yours truly.

No comments: